What do you do if you’re a content creator getting the cold shoulder from YouTube? You take your videos elsewhere. And that’s precisely what Suzy Lu, a YouTuber with nearly two million subscribers, did when she left the site in 2020.
“I was getting tired of YouTube’s algorithms and strike policy,” Lu told Business Insider. “It was less about the benefits to the content creator and more about increasing usage to get more advertising spend.”
Lu is now using a bespoke video platform to host her videos and monetise them through subscriptions and pay-per-view rentals. And she’s not the only one.
Lu understands that the ability to monetise videos and create a brand video channel is a big deal. You can set the rules and are responsible for what content you show and how much money you make. “Exclusive” content is a massive commodity in the GenZ e-world, and we have can create the perfect platform to help you deliver it.
- Why is it important to have your own video channel?
- What you could do with your own video channel
- How to create a video channel
Why it’s important to have your own video channel?
As a content creator, it’s getting harder to get your content seen and even harder to make money from it.
With YouTube’s algorithms and strike policy operating from a ‘make more money’ perspective, it’s becoming less about the benefits to the content creator and more about increasing usage to get more advertising spend.
Not to mention the increased subscriber cost upload to Twitch, YouTube and Vimeo. These platforms once celebrated creativity but now charge through the nose for it.
If you own your channel as a brand or content creator, you’re in charge, and it’s as simple as that.
What you could do with your own video channel?
There are endless possibilities for what you could do with your own video channel.
- You could use it to educate customers or demonstrate the versatility of your products. For example, if you’re a food brand, you could create a QR code that leads to a video channel showing how to make different recipes with your products.
- Or, as a life coach who wants to sell their wisdom, you could offer potential clients an exclusive channel to try out some of your instructional videos and encourage them to purchase premium services.
- As a content creator, you also have complete control over the copyright of your videos, so you can upload licensed content without worrying about YouTube’s random strike policy.
- Having autonomy over your work is a massive benefit for YouTubers who want to move away from the platform and set their own prices.
How to create a video channel
The first step is deciding on your branding, whether a brand campaign or your personal brand.
Next, you must create or decide which content will be ‘free’ to view and which will be part of your paid subscription. You can use our Content Management System (CMS) to tag each video accordingly.
Then, you must decide how to give viewers access to your paid content. Do they get access through a promo code, or can you charge as part of a subscription? You can set this up quickly in our CMS; we are always on hand to guide you.
So, if you need help creating content, we can supply a digital package to help build your business. For a monthly fee you can have your video channel monetised your way.
Finally, create your ads to promote your premium content. You can upload these directly into our system and target them to specific demographics. Once you’ve done all this, you’re ready to start making money from your videos. About our Development Studios Our Development Studios delivers digital experiences for your brand that work. We provide end-to-end services that takes the stress out of digital and delivers impactful online experiences. Our teams are digital experts in their fields that cultivate ideas with our clients to develop innovative solutions that work.
Don’t hesitate to contact us below if you want to learn more about how we can help you or see a demo of our video channel. We would be delighted to show you how your own video channel can help grow your business.